Features & Amenities
- Highest quality 6000 sq. ft luxury living area and wrap around covered terraces
- 5 Bedroom 4.5 bath luxury
- 90sq. meter award winning “true infinity edge” swimming pool as seen in Estilos y Casas award winning Latin American home magazine
- Master Bedroom features a King size bed and Bath with it’s own Jacuzzi
- Spacious 2nd Bedroom has a King size bed
- 3rd & 4th Bedrooms features a king size bed
- 5th bedroom features 2 twin beds
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 are upstairs and 3-5 are downstairs for maximum privacy
- Sleeps 10 comfortably
- Full “Luxury” quality linens throughout
- 4 full bathrooms + one half bath
- 1400 sq. ft wrap around terrace
- Spacious dream kitchen with all appliances
- Clothes washer & dryer for guests’ use
- Covered pool rancho and spacious bar/lounge area
- Internet access, no charge (guests bring “laptop computer”)
- 20 ft high Almendros wood beamed ceilings
- Private orchid garden and sunset decks
- 75 to 85 degree temperatures year round on terrace
- Bird, whale and animal watching galore from your 1000 ft high perch
- Only minutes from numerous secluded beaches, restaurants and tourist attractions
- Twice weekly cleaning included
- In house chef or meal service with at least 2 week notice and deposit
- NO-SMOKING Policy inside Villa
- No children under 10 years of age
Privacy and luxury, surrounded by rainforest jungle, perched on a panoramic point at 1050 ft elevation.
We are located in the hills of San Martin de Escaleras about 7 kilometers south of Dominical, Costa Rica on the southern Pacific coast. Los Portales offers the utmost in privacy and luxury, surrounded by rainforest jungle. The villa is perched on a panoramic point at 1050 ft elevation. The property on which the house sits consists of 17 acres of jungle of which approximately 80% is virgin rainforest. The large home site offers one of the most outstanding and exceptional 180 degree plus ocean views in all of Costa Rica. Views of the southern Pacific coastline, the Osa peninsula and Cano Island are incredible and reminiscent of Hawaii 25 years ago.
The primary forest views are mesmerizing.
Sunsets throughout most of the year are world class and the colors explode into the entire horizon. The site offers exceptional privacy throughout. A virtual library of birds, monkeys and other wildlife will visit you frequently. Here you will view birds not just from below, but from above. While you drink your morning coffee on the expansive terrace, it would not be unusual to see whales playing in the ocean below. During the daytime, ocean breezes keep you comfortable and at night the mountain air from behind lets you sleep in comfort without air conditioning. Temperatures on the terrace seldom go below 75 degrees or above 85 degrees year round.
Exceptional quality is found in every area of the home.
The main house is an exposed lower level, 2-story structure of 6000 sq. ft. All rooms in the home offer exceptional ocean views. The highest quality cabinetry and woodwork abound. The main level of 4000 sq. ft. has all spacious rooms including living room, dining room, kitchen, pantry, laundry, master bedroom with private Jacuzzi bath , 2nd bedroom and a 2nd bathroom. Included on the main level is a 1400 sq. ft. wrap around terrace offering the most exceptional ocean views available. Down stairs are 3 more bedrooms, 2 with King beds and one with 2 twins.
Year round temperatures on the terrace usually range between 75 and 85 degrees. Ocean Breezes keep you comfortable throughout the day. At night the mountains to the rear caress you with cool evening air. The home offers numerous quality features including 20 ft high cathedral ceilings made of 4 x 10 inch Almendros hardwood beams. All upper level rooms offer the cathedral ceiling. A large walk-in pantry and separate utility room are conveniently located. A wide exterior staircase leads to the pool and the lower level, wich includes 3 bedrooms., 3 1/2 baths, and an incredible bar/lounge area. High ceilings offer the spaciousness you would expect in a fine home.
The 90 sq. mt. professionally designed swimming pool offers an infinity edge ocean view design. The large stone terrace surrounding the pool offers a spacious entertaining area. A private orchid garden deck is located alongside the lower level offering a relaxing lounging area. On the opposite side is a sunset viewing area with panoramic vistas.
– 2015 RATES –
Jan 4 – Apr 30
– 5 night min
May 1 – Jun 30
– 5 night min
Jul 1 – Aug 31
– 5 night min
Sep 1 – Dec 18
-5 night min
Dec 19 – Jan 3, 2015