You may just want to relax in a hammock on our large panoramic ocean view balconies, swim in our fully lap-sized swimming pools, and enjoy our lush tropical landscaping…. or some of everything!
The Dominical, Costa Rica area offers a wide range of activities for the entire family. Featured below is a sampling of the many near-by attractions available year-round for your enjoyment!
Horseback riding on wonderful guided nature tours in the mountains or along the beach.
Class II and III whitewater rafting on the Rio San Isidro.
Take a day-trip to the spectacular Nayauaca Waterfalls; the tour includes lunch and a 6 mile horseback ride to the falls. Hold a toucan! Bring a bathing suit!
Experience “Outward bound” type of adventures; rappel down the face of a waterfall with Camp Santo Cristo at Diamante Falls or Baru River Falls.
Take a guided tour through the Hacienda Baru nature preserve, including bird-watching, canopy observation platforms, and zip-line adventures!
Enjoy miles of secluded fine, sandy beaches; ocean temperature 85 F. year round!
Dominical has a world-class surfing beach…. take a lesson, rent a surfboard or “boogie board.” Its great place even for “body surfers!”
Some of the Other Great Activities Available in our area:
- Day boating trips to Cano Island (you can see the island from our balconies!) Snorkel or scuba dive the beautiful tropical reefs; hike the island, observe sea turtles, dolphins and flying fish in their natural habitat.
- Visit the Barunca indigenous tribal areas, where unique hand-carved and illustrated wooden masks are available for purchase.
- Dine in a wide variety of wonderful restaurants, and browse through area gift stores to find just the right souvenirs to bring back home.
- Kayak along the Terraba River or ocean caves near Ventanas beach.
- Pamper yourself with spa services in our villas, offered by local Certified Massage Therapists.
- Learn all about butterflies at the Uvita Butterfly Farm.
- Take a guided mountain-climb to the summit of Mt. Chirripo, the highest peak in Central America (13,000 ft.) located near the town of San Isidro. Bring your hiking boots for this one!
- Tour Finca Brian y Emilia, a farm specializing in an amazing variety of unique tropical fruits includes sampling of what’s in season and an optional dip in their “sauna in the stream.” Just minutes (you can walk there) from Villa Mango and Casa Amigos.
- Enjoy bird-watching; see how many of the 850 species you can find, from small hummingbirds to large scarlet macaws!
- Learn or brush up your Spanish Language skills with private or group classes.
- Dance at Roca Verde on Saturday nights; watch a classic “Movie in the Jungle” on Friday nights.
- “Flightsee” along the coast and over mangrove canals in an ultra-light airplane.
- Play the links at the San Buenas Golf Course.
It’s hard to describe the feeling of walking into the Villa for the first time…. “Wow!” was about all I could manage. The beauty of the architecture, the style and flair of the decor, the fabulous landscaping and pool, the amazing jungle environment, and the spectacular ocean view. In the world of online internet vacation bookings, ALL accommodations are “sumptuous,” and all views are “spectacular,” but this was the real deal…… there are NO exaggerations in your website, in fact the real thing is even better. Vickie does a terrific job and takes care of the place as if it were her own. It was great to have someone on hand that can sort out any problem and help with any language difficulties. You have a real gem in Hector, he works so very hard and is always helpful and very unassuming and unobtrusive. We can’t wait to come back!!Robin and Catherine S., Kentucky